Art-related Terms – ‘Makes Art, Creates Art’
Art-related term in Biigtigong’s dialect of Nishnaabemwin:
Morphemes (building blocks of each word):
- mzin ~ “fancy, figured, image”
- end ~ “act by thought on it, perceive it by thought”
- (a)m ~ [makes the preceding term a VAI2 verb]
- oo ~ [connector]
- kaa ~ “s/he makes, s/he produces, s/he gathers”
- j ~ “act on it”
- ge ~ “s/he acts (on an unspecified object)”
A translation of the morphemes:
- S/he produces by imagine-acting (on an unspecified object).
A formal-English translation:
- S/he makes art., S/he creates art.
Montano, J. P. “Art-related Terms in Biigtigong’s Dialect” biigtigong.com. Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, 3 May 2019. Web.