Duncan Michano Jr.
Biigtigong Nishnaabeg Chief – Language Portfolio
Duncan joins the team as one of the moderators in our on-line forum. His ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and conceptualize abstract ideas makes him an ideal moderator. Duncan is naturally curious and welcomes opportunities to learn from others. He is able to walk in another’s moccasins and see things from that other person’s perspective. Duncan is respectful of others’ views and perspectives, and knows that everyone’s opinion is important. He made it his priority to learn from our elders. Duncan carries Biigtigong’s history and the knowledge of our ancestors and elders. His connection to and understanding of our land, coupled with his love for Biigtigong, will bring meaningful dialogue that will contribute to the building of a strong, vibrant, and happy Nishnaabe community.
More about Duncan Michano Jr.:
- (Video – 19 min.) Chief and Council: Revitalizing Biigtigong Nishnaabemwin
- (Video – 1 hr 43 min.) Honouring Our Verb Chart Contributors
- Verb Charts: After Two-and-a-half Years
- Duncan Michano Jr. – Verb Chart Contributor
- Star Maps and Our Journey to the Heart: Reconstructing Our Biigtigong Verb Paradigms
- How We Say The Pic River
- Duncan Michano Jr. – Reclaiming our Place Names